- Unless otherwise noted, check in time is 3:00pm on the day of arrival and check out time is 11:00am on the day of departure.
- Each room will be provided with sheets, blankets, pillows, towels, and washcloths for each person unless otherwise noted.
- If any children 12 and under attend as part of your group, an adult aged 18 or older must be staying in the same building and be available for all activities for supervision.
- Guests may use the trails on the SOC property for hiking, running, or mountain biking.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed on the trails.
- No swimming is allowed without a lifeguard who possesses a current & valid certification by a nationally recognized organization such as the American Red Cross present. SOC may be able to provide a lifeguard for a fee. (SOC reserves the right to accept or reject any certification.)
- No use of the camp facilities apart from those expressly identified in this agreement is permitted without prior permission and appropriate supervision.
- The renter is responsible for any first aid, emergency care, and emergency transportation, should it become necessary, and for providing a group member certified in CPR and first aid by a nationally recognized organization such as the American Red Cross. (SOC can provide a staff certified in CPR and first aid when necessary)
- The renter is responsible for any damage caused to the SOC facilities or property.
Large Groups (10+ people) and Organizations
- All guests on property must sign a SOC Liability Waiver.
- Group staff are responsible for the supervision of the group at all times. Rental groups that include youth outside an immediate family setting are advised to provide training to the chaperones and other supervisory adults to minimize potential of one-to-one youth to adult situations.
- Food preparation must be made according to ServSafe standards. Instructions can be provided upon request.
- Use of the low ropes course (team building) elements without an instructor is provided at no charge. SOC may be able to provide an instructor for a fee.
The following items need to be provided to SOC:
- Two weeks prior to the reservation:
- Updated estimate of numbers for rooms, meals, and activities.
- Final changes (if any) to lodging, meeting space, meals, or activities provided.
- A copy of a tentative schedule/itinerary for the event. (If applicable)
- A copy of your group's Liability Insurance with Crystal Lake Camps identified as indemnified. Contact your insurance agent to obtain this. (If applicable)
- A copy of your group’s tax-exempt status. (If applicable)
- A copy of a group members’ CPR/First Aid certification. (If applicable)
- Two days prior to the reservation, final numbers for rooms will be provided as well as a final copy of the schedule/itinerary.
- At arrival, groups must have available the following information for each participant: name, address, emergency contact information, any known allergies or health conditions requiring special accommodation, and for minors – signed permission to seek emergency treatment or a signed religious waiver.
Individuals and Small Groups (<10 people)
To reserve a date(s) and hold rooms requires a non-refundable deposit of 15% of the contract total. Cancellation of a reservation within 48 hours of arrival will result in a 50% refund; cancellation within 24 hours is considered a no-show and the full amount of the reservation will be charged. Postponements are offered free of charge if notice is given at least one week in advance.
Large Groups (10+ people) and Organizations
To reserve dates and hold rooms requires a $250 (or 15%, for contract totals under $800) non-refundable deposit. Two weeks prior to arrival, the reservation is considered confirmed. Cancellation after the two-week mark incurs a 20% cancellation fee. Cancellation within 48 hours of arrival will incur a 50% cancellation fee, and within 24 hours of arrival is considered a no-show and the full amount of the reservation will be charged. Postponements are offered free of charge if notice is given at least two weeks in advance.
Date Change Policy
We will do our best to accommodate you in the event of needing a date change. No refunds will be given (if canceling please see Cancellation/Refund Policy). 100% of any payment/deposit already made may be moved to a new date up to six months from the original reservation date. If the six months passes, then the Cancellation/Refund Policy is followed.
Pets are not allowed for any overnight lodging guests.
For day use guests, there is pet fee of $15 per day in addition any other day use, rental, or trail fees. Guests must confirm at least 1 day prior to their arrival that they will be bringing a pet. Pets must stay on a leash at all times while on property. Any pet waste must be discarded in the woods or packed out. Crystal Lake does not provide bags for waste collection. Guests are responsible for any damage a pet may cause.
Smoking and Drinking Policy
As a non-profit organization, Crystal Lake is supported by a number of religiously affiliated foundations. Guests are asked to refrain from smoking, vaping, and drinking alcohol on property.
Smoking inside a building will result in a $250 cleaning fee. If smoking continues after the first request to stop, you will be asked to vacate the property with no refund, and with the cleaning fee added to your invoice. If this will be problematic for your group, please contact us in advance for potential arrangements.
The SOC reserves the right to ask your group to leave the property if the smoking and alcohol policies are not adhered to, without refund.
Per state laws, please do not cross state lines with firewood. Guests are provided with a reasonable amount of firewood free of charge for the duration of their stay at Crystal Lake. However, if an excessive amount of firewood is used, guests may be charged an additional fee to compensate for the wood use.