- Unless otherwise noted, check in time is 3:00pm on the day of arrival and check out time is 11:00am on the day of departure.
- Each room will be provided with sheets, blankets, pillows, towels, and washcloths for each person unless otherwise noted.
- If any children 12 and under attend as part of your group, an adult aged 18 or older must be staying in the same building and be available for all activities for supervision.
- Guests may use the trails on the CLC property for hiking.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed on the trails.
- No swimming is allowed without a lifeguard who possesses a current & valid certification by a nationally recognized organization such as the American Red Cross present. CLC may be able to provide a lifeguard for a fee. (CLC reserves the right to accept or reject any certification.)
- No use of the camp facilities apart from those expressly identified in this agreement is permitted without prior permission and appropriate supervision.
- The renter is responsible for any first aid, emergency care, and emergency transportation, should it become necessary, and for providing a group member certified in CPR and first aid by a nationally recognized organization such as the American Red Cross. (CLC can provide a staff certified in CPR and first aid when necessary)
- The renter is responsible for any damage caused to the CLC facilities or property.
Organizations, Events, and Large Groups (10+ people)
- All guests on property must sign a CLC Liability Waiver.
- Group staff are responsible for the supervision of the group at all times. Rental groups that include youth outside an immediate family setting are advised to provide training to the chaperones and other supervisory adults to minimize potential of one-to-one youth to adult situations.
- Food preparation must be made according to ServSafe standards. Instructions can be provided upon request.
- Use of the low ropes course (team building) elements without an instructor is provided at no charge. CLC may be able to provide an instructor for a fee.
The following items need to be provided to CLC:
- Two weeks prior to the reservation:
- Updated estimate of numbers for rooms, meals, and activities.
- Final changes (if any) to lodging, meeting space, meals, or activities provided.
- A copy of a tentative schedule/itinerary for the event. (If applicable)
- A copy of your group's Liability Insurance with Crystal Lake Camps identified as indemnified. Contact your insurance agent to obtain this. (If applicable)
- A copy of your group’s tax-exempt status. (If applicable)
- A copy of a group members’ CPR/First Aid certification. (If applicable)
- 2 days prior to the reservation, final numbers for rooms will be provided as well as a final copy of the schedule/itinerary.
- At arrival, groups must have available the following information for each participant: name, address, emergency contact information, any known allergies or health conditions requiring special accommodation, and for minors – signed permission to seek emergency treatment or a signed religious waiver.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
Individual and Small Groups (<10 people)
To reserve a date(s) and hold rooms requires a non-refundable deposit of 15% of the contract total. Cancellation of a reservation within 48 hours of arrival will result in a 50% refund; cancellation within 24 hours is considered a no-show and the full amount of the reservation will be charged.
Organizations and Large Groups (10+ people)
To reserve dates and hold rooms requires a $250 (or 15%, for contract totals under $800) non-refundable deposit. Two weeks prior to arrival the reservation is considered confirmed. Cancellation after the two-week mark incurs a 20% cancellation fee. Cancellation within 48 hours of arrival will incur a 50% cancellation fee, and within 24 hours of arrival is considered a no-show and the full amount of the reservation will be charged.
Date Change Policy
We will do our best to accommodate you in the event of needing a date change. No refunds will be given (if canceling please see Cancellation/Refund Policy). 100% of any payment/deposit already made may be moved to a new date up to six months from the original reservation date. If the six months passes, then the Cancellation/Refund Policy is followed.
Pets are allowed in Nosoni, Bena, Wanishi, and the Lodge Living Room/Office. Pets must be identified two weeks prior to arrival. There will be a one-time cleaning fee of $25 for each room occupied by a pet and $15 for each outdoor kept pet. There is a $10 cleaning fee for each pet staying just for the day. Pets must stay on a leash at all times while on property. Guests are responsible for any damage a pet may cause.
Smoking and Drinking Policy
As a non-profit organization, CLC is supported by a number of religiously affiliated foundations. Guests are asked to refrain from smoking, vaping, and drinking alcohol on our property.
Crystal Lake Camps is a non-smoking property. Smoking inside a building will result in a $250 cleaning fee. If smoking continues after the first request to stop, you will be asked to vacate the property with no refund, and with the cleaning fee added to your invoice. If this will be problematic for your group, please contact us in advance for potential arrangements.
CLC reserves the right to ask your group to leave the property if the smoking and alcohol policies are not adhered to, without refund.
Per state laws, please do not cross state lines with firewood. Wood may be purchased at camp if guests live outside of Pennsylvania.