We will be open 9:00am – 4:30pm Wednesday 2/16 for skiing and snowshoeing (on snowshoe trails only). We are unsure how long we will be able to keep the current snow, so come up to enjoy skiing on the beautiful trails while you can! Please stop at our camp office to check in (at the sign in the road), rather than driving through to the Ski Shop.
We will be closed on Thursday 2/17 due to forecasted rain. Stay tuned for updates after Thursday.
Current Trail Conditions
Currently skiing on the upper trails only (Pitchpine, Laurel, Blue Moon, Big Fern, Little Fern, North Star, South Ridge). We have been out grooming this morning and the conditions on the upper trails should progress quickly from good to great! All trails will soften up due to warm temperatures on Wednesday, so there is a possibility the lower trails would be skiable later today.
The mountain road is much improved from last week as much of the ice has melted off. Our part of the road is cindered. However, some sections of both roads are still very slick. We strongly recommend that guests have snow tires and/or chains to make it up the mountain, in addition to 4WD or AWD. Crystal Lake is not responsible for assisting anyone who gets stuck. The best option is to call non-emergency police for assistance, or Shrewsbury township for plow help: (570) 584-3079.
DO NOT FOLLOW ANY GPS OR INTERNET DIRECTIONS. ANY OTHER ROUTE FROM US 220 DOES NOT HAVE WINTER MAINTENANCE AND IS IMPASSABLE.
- Get on route US 220 at Hughesville and go north to the village of Tivoli.
- Turn left (north) onto Highland Lake Rd., drive 7.4 miles to Crystal Lake Camps.
- If you must use your GPS, use it to go to Tivoli, PA, on US 220, then follow our directions at our sign at the Highland Lake Road.
- Snow depth: 3″
- Surface: 1/2″ frozen granular
- Estimated packed base: 3″ frozen granular
- Km open: 25
- Km groomed: 25
- Km tracked: 15
- Classic vs. skate: All open trails are groomed for both classic and skate skiing.
- Skiable days this season: 25
- Last snowfall: 1/2″ on 02/10/22
- Snow so far this season: 21″