We will be open Saturday 2/12 from 9:00am – 4:30pm and through the weekend. Come enjoy the groomed trails! Check in will be at the Ski Shop for the weekend.
Current Trail Conditions
We have spent the first part of this week completely re-furbishing our grooming equipment to match the standard of our new snowmobile. We tested it today and everything is now working great. We groomed today with our better defined “corduroy” surface and set fresh traditional tracks. The trails softened up this afternoon due to the temperature rise, but we will re-groom as necessary for tomorrow. We have plenty of good snow on the trails and expect good skiing for the weekend.
Special thanks to Skip and Sue Stackhouse for making a large number of new trail signs. We are working to get them all up to replace many old or missing signs.
The mountain road is much improved from last week as much of the ice has completely melted off. However, some parts are still pretty slick. We strongly recommend that guests have snow tires and/or chains to make it up the mountain, in addition to 4WD or AWD. Crystal Lake is not responsible for assisting anyone who gets stuck. The best option is to call non-emergency police for assistance, or Shrewsbury township for plow help: (570) 584-3079.
DO NOT FOLLOW ANY GPS OR INTERNET DIRECTIONS. ANY OTHER ROUTE FROM US 220 DOES NOT HAVE WINTER MAINTENANCE AND IS IMPASSABLE.
- Get on route US 220 at Hughesville and go north to the village of Tivoli.
- Turn left (north) onto Highland Lake Rd., drive 7.4 miles to Crystal Lake Camps.
- If you must use your GPS, use it to go to Tivoli, PA, on US 220, then follow our directions at our sign at the Highland Lake Road.
- Snow depth: 4″
- Surface: 1/2″ powder
- Estimated packed base: 4″ frozen granular
- Km open: 25
- Km groomed: 25
- Km tracked: 0
- Classic vs. skate: All open trails are groomed for both classic and skate skiing.
- Skiable days this season: 22
- Last snowfall: 1/2″ on 02/10/22
- Snow so far this season: 21″